Business Entities – Apostilles & Authentications Done Right
The Kansas Secretary of State supports Kansas businesses by registering and authenticating business entities and trademarks. For companies who do business overseas or who are trying to grow in another country, foreign entities often require proof that you are a real company in good standing in the United States. For corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships, typically, this means you provide a certified copy of your business licensing or a business certificate issued by the State of Kansas.
Types of Certificates
- Statement of Information – Kansas California law requires all corporations, limited liability companies and common interest development associations to update their record with the Secretary of State either every year or every two years by filing a statement; the Statement of Information contains the name of the company, the address, the type of business and three company officers.
- Certificate of Status – certifies the current status of an entity (active/good standing, suspended, dissolved, cancelled, etc.) and that your company is current with its filings in the State of Kansas.
- Certificate of Filing of All Documents – a certified list of ALL the business entity’s documents on record with the Secretary of State (e.g., formation, registration, amendment, statement of information, correction, merger, termination, conversion, etc.).
- Certificate of No Record – certifies that there is no record of a particular business entity.
- Status Report – contains the complete business entity name, file number, status, jurisdiction and address(es).
On your behalf, I can obtain your necessary certificates, copies and status reports and have any or all your documents authenticated with either an apostille or a certification.
Business Certificates Take Time!
Please note that obtaining the certificate can take 1-2 weeks.
You can do the legwork yourself by submitting a request to the Kansas Secretary of State’s office either in person or by mail.